Thursday, January 8, 2009

the most random/meandering post ever

Well, I had no idea how to start this post until I logged onto AIM and saw Nicole's away message and it said:

[insert sarawr's last name]-- are you working tomorrow? movies? lemme knowwww

And I'm fairly certain that's the single greatest thing that's ever happened to me.


Now that said, I had a lot of great things happen to me over Christmas break. And I could write post after post about that but it's all sort of cheezy and, no, it doesn't involve boys. Unless you count Frodo and Gandalf when I read The Fellowship of the Ring for the first time.

So okay. I'm not sure exactly where I'm going with this, but I will tell you: I am never going to get married. I will be the cat lady, and this is why:

boris the cat puking

I've been watching youtube videos like this all night and I just can't stop, they're so amazing. Cats are so amazing when they throw up. Of course it's disgusting and there's something really mean about laughing uncontrollably while your cat's ribs are trying to push their way out of its mouth and its eyes are bugging, but I mean, it's completely involuntary (I say while I replay the movie thirteen times).

But not only will I be a cat lady, I think I'll have to be the kind who dresses the kitties up in doilies and bonnets and sets up the camcorder and tries to make cat-movies with them.

No, not really. What the heck am I saying?

That this is the most random blog ever and I don't know what the heck I'm saying and I'm just making stuff up about cats (except for the puking part).

I was going to blog about how this guy trying to get people to vote for Obama actually told us to, instead, vote for the person who'd eff things up the least, but the real f-word (censored so as not to expose anyone--what am I saying [again]? I didn't like either of them. Buuuh, stop talking about politics, sarawr, get out of this paranthesis). And then I was going to blog about how I drove for about a mile and a half away from the airport with my headlights off because I'm brilliant (that's almost a pun, ahahaa).

But I think what I'm going to blog about is that--I'm not sure, it's just a feeling, but--it's going to be a really good semester, a really good year even. And it's just going to keep getting bigger. I'm going to Romania for the month of July, and hopefully in a year I'll be studying abroad, and I just can't get it out of my head, but I want to go everywhere, travel the whole world. And I don't know about what's going to happen in 2009 as far as that goes, but I do know that it just feels like things are opening up. I don't know how to explain that, maybe like walking down a hallway and it's getting wider until it opens up into a courtyard. And I'm really looking forward to it, because something's going to be amazing =)


cheers.




No comments: