Wednesday, September 3, 2008

because sometimes i'm rude and tacky

I may not be a very big Obama fan, but I think he handled this pretty impressively:

(quoted from an article on CNN)

"'Let me be as clear as possible,' Obama said. 'I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president.'

Obama said reporters should 'back off these kinds of stories' and noted that he was born to an 18-year-old mother.

'How a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn't be the topic of our politics, and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that's off-limits.'"

I stand put in my place.

1 comment:

jamie said...

I completely agree; his professionalism was really impressive. But... he still frightens me.

-jamie